Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Gourmet Guide to pleasurable pizza: 4 star pizza

As a public service, I have personally visited/ordered pizza from every place within a 20-mile radius of my crap-hole of a town, Dun Laoghaire.

It's hard work but someone needs to do it.

1. Four Star Pizza

Photobucket

I was initially nervous about the quality I was going to receive from these people. Why do they call it four star? Why did they feel a need to not give themselves five stars? The whole thing whiffed of suspicious pepperoni if you catch my drift.
None the less, I took the plunge.

Delivery was extremely quick and pizza was delicious.
Pizza itself? Outstanding mozzarella stretch. Great crust to sauce ratio.
I ordered potato wedges as my side dish and I will admit, I was apprehensive. Potato wedges are often a hit and miss with most pizza joints but these wedges were baked to perfection; crispy on the outside and soft and mushy on the inside. All served with the obligatory sticky sweet BBQ sauce.

Maybe in this case four star pizza employed a clever marketing ploy.
My verdict?

9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment